CopyMove for SharePoint 2010 is a commercial add-on for Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. It adds user friendly Copy and Move actions to document libraries and lists. The following list types are supported OOTB:
- Document Library, Picture Library
- Web Page Library, Publishing Page Library, Site Collection Help Library
- Announcements List, Calendar List, Contacts List, Custom List, Links List, Tasks List and Project Tasks List
- Issue Tracking List, Discussion Board
- Blog Posts List
- Meeting Agenda List, Meeting Decision List, Meeting Objective List, Meeting Attendee List, Things to Bring List
- Web Part Gallery, List Template Gallery
To install CopyMove for Sharepoint, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the product from www.sharepointproducts.com
- Log-in to anyone of your SharePoint front-end Web servers. NOTE: IT IS ONLY NECESSARY TO INSTALL THE PRODUCT ON ONE FRONT-END SERVER IN A MULTI SERVER FARM.
- Unzip the CopyMove files to a location of your choice on the front-end Web server.
- Run Install.cmd for new installations and Upgrade.cmd for existing ones and wait for it to complete.
- The CopyMove files have now been installed and deployed to all front-end Web servers in your SharePoint farm.
- Activate the farm level feature named "CopyMove for SharePoint 2010".
- Activate CopyMove for all applicable Web applications or site collections.
- To activate CopyMove for all site collections in a Web application, navigate to Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage web applications -> Manage features and activate the feature labeled SharePoint Products - CopyMove for SharePoint 2010.
- To activate CopyMove for a single site collection, navigate to Site Collection Administration -> Site collection features and activate the feature labeled SharePoint Products - CopyMove for SharePoint 2010.
- Optionally change default settings from Central Administration -> CopyMove settings.
This product requires a commercial license from SharePoint Products to work properly in a production environment. For evaluation purposes it does work without installing a license - but is then limited to a maximum of two Web Front-End servers and two unique users for a period of 30 days. After that the product locks and requires the installation of a license file issued by SharePoint Products.
The product is currently only available in US English. But all UI strings are defined in the file sppcopymove.resx located in the App_GlobalResources folder of each Web Application. Hence, it is possible to create your own UI localization. For instance to create a Dutch localization of the CopyMove UI, make a copy of sppcopymove.resx and rename it to sppcopymove.nl-NL.resx. Then open it in an XML editor and translate all the text inside the <value> tags.
In the event that you experience unexpected behavior or an unexpected error when using CopyMove, please proceed as follows:
- Start by checking our online FAQ to see if there is a solution or work-around available.
- Check the release notes for the most recent version of CopyMove to see if the problem has already been addresses in a newer version.
- If the problem persists and you cannot find a solution on our Web site then contact our Support Team by email.
Please provide the following information when reporting a problem:
- A description of your SharePoint farm including; Number of servers in the farm, SharePoint version (Foundation or Server), Service Pack level, Browser make and version in case of client-side errors.
- The exact version number of CopyMove that causes the problem, e.g. V126.96.36.1992
- A description of all the steps required to reproduce the problem. Include any applicable screen shots
- A description of any customizations that you have made to the affected SharePoint document library or list. Include any applicable screen shots
- If the problem appears to be a programmatic bug in CopyMove then we will also need an extract of the SharePoint diagnostics log files. This is easily created by running the script GetLogFile.cmd included in the ZIP download. Attach the resulting SPP.LOG file to your support email.
We will then respond asap, which is usually within 24 hours on work-days.
V188.8.131.522 - 2011-08-05
- Added CopyMove group to the Document Set Ribbon.
- Fixed error when copying or moving a Document Set.
- Extended the CopyMove API with the property CopyMoveItemTransaction.IncludeTimestamps, which controls whether CopyMove should keep item timestamps or use the current date and time. Set the property to true to preserve and false to assign the current date and time to the created and modified time stamps.
- Extended the CopyMove API with the property CopyMoveItemTransaction.UserInfo, which controls whether CopyMove should preserve item user information (author and editor). Set the property to true to preserve and false to assign the current user as the author and the editor.
- Fixed issue where closed Web parts where sometimes reopended on the target page.
- Fixed bug where publishing pages could not be copied or moved to sub folders.
V184.108.40.2063 - 2011-06-01
- Added support for SharePoint 2007 document libraries and lists present on SharePoint 2010 sites that have not yet been visually upgraded to the new SharePoint 2010 look & feel.
- Added support for Managed Metadata columns in document libraries and lists. CopyMove connects to the Term Store and looks up terms by their unique id or by name if the target column is using a different term set than the source column.
- Improved support for Web part pages, Wiki pages and Publishing pages.
- Fixed issue where list column values were blanked when the internal fields names were different but the display names identical. From now on CopyMove will also try and match source list fields to target list fields by their display names if the internal names do not match.
- Added result warning when a Content Type is lost. This happens when copying or moving items with a custom content type to another list that is not configured with that content type.
- Added result warning when a list field value is lost. This happens when copying or moving items with a custom list field to another list that is not configured with that field.
- Fixed the error "System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.", which occured when copying or moving documents across site collections and where the documents are associated with taxonomy Metadata in a taxonomy list field.
- The product download now includes an Admistrators Guide in PDF format and Windows Help format.
- Added new code sample for working with the CopyMove WCF service.
V220.127.116.116 (BETA2) - 2011-04-08
- Improved installation scripts. The WSP solutions are now deployed to the local server first and then to all servers in the farm via the SharePoint Timer Service. The local deployment prevents a possible error where SharePoint cannot find the assembly SharePointProducts.Platform.dll in a feature callout.
- Fixed issue where DateTime fields in document libraries were offset by the time difference to UTC time when copying/moving Microsoft Office 2007/2010 documents.
- Replaced proprietary diagnostics logging with logging to the SharePoint diagnositics log (ULS). This includes a PowerShell script GetLogFile.ps1 that can be used to extract recent CopyMove related events from all servers in the farm.
- Added the Copy and Move actions to Site Collection Help Libraries.
- Fixed the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", which could occur when copying or moving a document.
- Fixed the error "Unable to update the information in the document", which could occur when copying or moving Microsoft Office documents. It is really a SharePoint problem as it also fails when you try to update the Metadata of the document. CopyMove now implements a work-around for this issue.
- Improved result warnings. CopyMove now collects warnings during copy and move operations and displays them to the user when the transaction has completed. This is warnings like CopyMove being unable to update the Metadata of a document or being unable to import Web Parts on a Web Part page.
V18.104.22.168 (BETA1) - 2011-03-13